Bookings Terms and Conditions
01. All bookings are made with Mountain Walking trading as
Mountain Walking (referred to as the Company from herein in),
whose office is 56a Gorsey Lane Mawdesley, L40 3TF United Kingdom.
02. The terms and conditions of all agreements made with the
Company shall be subject to, and governed by, English Law alone.
Any disputes or claims are to be decided by the English courts, and
subject to English Law alone.
03. In order to request a booking you can telephone us or use our book online form
04. We reserve the right to cancel any Guided Walk, which does not have
sufficient people taking part to make it financially viable. If a Guided
Walk is likely to be cancelled under such circumstances, we
undertake to inform you as soon as possible.
05. We will only change or cancel an activity due to circumstances
beyond our control (e.g. weather) or because of failure to reach
minimum group numbers.
06. We will inform you of such changes at the earliest opportunity and
in the case of participation numbers, not less than 1 week before the
activity (for group walks/ activities) In the event of a cancellation/
change by Mountain Walking, you are entitled to a full refund
however we cannot accept responsibility for any costs incurred by
you (e.g. transport, accommodation) or others linked to your booking.
07. If you wish to change an existing booking, we will aim to help. If a
change is possible, we will charge an amendment fee of £10 per
booking to cover our administrative costs. If you cancel an activity
booking 7 or more days before the event we will issue a refund, less
£10 per person, provided we are able to re-sell your place/s on the
activity. If you cancel less than 7 days before the start time we
reserve the right to retain the full cost.
08. If you wish to cancel, you must inform us in writing/via email. Your
cancellation date is the date on which we receive written instruction.
The following cancellation fees will apply:30%8 days before start
date: retention of 50% of total price.7 or fewer days before start
date: retention of 100% of total price.07. The Company cannot be
held responsible for any missed connecting transport that you have
booked independently of the Company.
09. If you have any complaints whilst on your Guided Walk, you must
immediately inform your leader who will use all reasonable efforts to
remedy it. If you remain dissatisfied, you must make full details of
the complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the end of
your holiday. If you fail to follow this simple complaints procedure,
your right to claim the compensation you may otherwise have been
entitled to may be effected or even lost as a result.
10. The Company may for operating reasons adjust advertised start and
return times, even after bookings have been accepted.
11. Our Leaders will do their utmost to ensure that any problems are
solved for the benefit of the group as a whole. Signing the booking
form signifies your acceptance of the Leader’s authority to make
decisions affecting the group or individuals. For instance, he/she may
require an individual to leave the group if he/she believes that person’s
health is at risk, inadequate fitness, if an illegal act is committed, or
their behavior becomes detrimental to the safety, enjoyment or wellbeing of the group. Should the Leader take such action, that person
would not be entitled to any refund.
12. Neither the Company nor any of their representatives will be
responsible for any illness, injury or death sustained on their Guided
Walk except where such illness, injury or death is caused by negligence
or that of their representatives, nor will they be liable for any uninsured
loss of personal property.
13. On assessing the conditions expected to be encountered in the
mountains or the abilities of the team members, your Guided Walk
Leader may decide to change any aspect of the Guided Walk, if he/ she
believes that to continue with the itinerary would place anyone at
14. The Company cannot be made liable for the consequences of strikes,
industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government
intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences.
15. Ambleside Adventure representatives, other than the Director of the
Company, are not entitled to promise refunds or additional services for
whatever reason, and the Company will not be bound by any such
16. A client leaving a Guided Walk at any stage, for whatever reason, will
not be entitled to any refund or compensation unless agreed by the
Director of The Company.
17. Mountain Walking is in the business to help people realise their
goals. We undertake to do all in our power to help make your
involvement with Ambleside Adventure positive and rewarding.
18. Having made every effort to ensure correctness of our information and
supporting materials, we cannot be held responsible for any
20. By agreeing to these booking conditions, you consent to the Company’s
staff taking photographs and/or video footage of you during the Guided
Walk and that these images may be used by the Company for publicity
and training purposes including, but not limited to, in brochures,
websites material and in the media unless you have ticked the box on
the booking form. Photos and video footage supplied by you or other
team members may also be used as described above.